Living in Wilmington, NC – 5 Things to Keep in Mind Before Making the Move
Living in Wilmington, NC can be an exciting experience. The city is home to affordable housing and is within walking distance of the beach. Before moving to Wilmington, you’ll need to find a job to support yourself. However, it’s important to be aware of the higher crime rate than in most cities. This is a result of Wilmington’s unique history and culture. The following are some things to keep in mind before making the move to Wilmington.
– Jobs. While Wilmington is an expanding metro area, it still has a large population. There are many opportunities for employment. While it isn’t the best place to pursue a career, there are some opportunities. Most of these jobs involve service and hospitality, with some restaurant jobs as well. However, there are a few exceptions for individuals with a science background or an educational background. In addition to restaurants, there are also several art and craft shows in Wilmington.
– Fun. The Wilmington region is known for its water-related lifestyle. In addition to restaurants with fresh seafood, fresh fish, and a relaxed atmosphere, the town also offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation. There are many festivals and events that are great for families and groups of friends. The riverfront community is home to a variety of activities. Residents can enjoy the riverfront activities and events and explore the city on foot.
– Great outdoors. Living in Wilmington will allow you to experience the great outdoors and enjoy all four distinct seasons. The city has several parks and hiking trails, and visitors can also take part in outdoor activities such as fishing and hunting. Whether you’re an avid sportsman or prefer the warm weather year-round, there’s something for you. If you’re looking for a place with a unique culture, Wilmington is an ideal place to live.
– Great food. The food scene in Wilmington is an excellent combination of water-related activities and traditional country cooking. The town’s riverfront has several old-school country cooking establishments. One of these places, Dixie Grill, has been serving delicious southern fare for over a century. Moreover, the after-hours scene in Wilmington is known for its many fun and entertaining events. The local nightlife is also a highlight of the city.
– Friendly people. People in Wilmington are warm and friendly. They don’t pretend to be traditional, but instead treat it as a natural part of their lives. The city also has a number of Meetup groups, which means you can meet new people in Wilmington. Besides, the Azalea festival is a great opportunity to meet other locals with the same interests. Moreover, Wilmington offers various art shows and craft workshops that will help you get the best of the area.
Despite Wilmington’s low crime rate, it’s still possible to find a place where you feel safe. It’s important to remember, however, that crime rates in Wilmington are higher than in other parts of the state. This is because residents in this city are largely considered “traditional” by comparison. They treat tradition as a natural part of their lives. This means that they are more likely to embrace traditional customs and traditions.
Those who love to travel will find that Wilmington’s weather is comfortable. Despite the high crime rate, the city has some neighborhoods where it’s safer to live than in other areas. While Wilmington’s crime rate is twice as high as those in the rest of North Carolina, it’s still an excellent place to live and work. It’s home to a number of businesses, including a thriving craft beer scene, and even a cotton exchange.
If you’re looking for a place to call home, consider living in Wilmington. The city has a population of over 120,000. It’s home to New Hanover County and Pender County. The English settled the town along the Cape Fear River and the city is the perfect blend of modern convenience and history. The city has a 1.75-mile riverwalk, which is a great place to walk the dog. There are also several nearby beaches, so you can enjoy the beach and the scenery.